Sunday, June 18, 2006

6.18.2006

Yesterday was my brother-and-sister-in-law's 35th wedding anniversary. DH and I had to work until 1:30 (yes, I know it was a Saturday - but even lawyers have to work on weekends sometimes) and then we took off after checking out the Weather Channel. It had rained all morning, but stopped at about noon, and then there were only intermittent sprinkly showers after that. The family party was up in New Hampshire, which was supposed to be lovely, sunny and hot (yippee!). After we got north about an hour, we were out of the rain and then the sun broke out near Boston. We got up there around 4:30 and the party was still going, so we got to spend some much needed downtime with family. Here are DH's sister and her DH, dancing. Aren't they cute?


DH played whiffle ball and frisbee with his now adult (eek!) nephews, niece, our kids and his great nieces. The children played together and swam and had a great time.

We all hung around and talked and ate and I got to knit until it got too dark to see. Jesse left around 8ish with her sibs for home as she had to be at work early in the morning and DH and I stayed the night in the blissful couple's camping trailer. DH now has camper envy. Hmm. We headed back mid-morning and got home in the afternoon, and it was blissfully hot and sunny all the way down. How delightful!

Everytime we get together for family time, for a wedding or a funeral, we all enjoy it so much that we swear we'll do it again, real soon. Then life gets in the way and we only meet up at the next wedding or funeral. Sometimes, sometimes I wish we lived closer. Spending time with DH's family also makes me miss my sister and brother all the more.

1 Comments:

At June 26, 2006 11:04 PM, Blogger Heather@ Simple Panache said...

What a wonderful time you had! I love spending time with family. We used to spend oodles of time with my husbands brother and his family, but like you said, lately life has gotten in the way and we havent seen them in a about of year! After reading this, I think you have inspired me to take a visit to see them! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home