Monday, June 12, 2006

Spoiling



Life has been a little challenging lately. Don't worry - there'll be no whining today. And don't get me wrong - I am very, so very grateful for my family and that we are all alive and reasonably healthy. I think when things get really difficult, even downright unpleasant or scary, it's important to focus on what one has to be grateful for. Because, as bad as it may seem or actually be - it can always get worse, so much worse, so quickly. I'm just prefacing, because I was feeling a little whipped, a little emotional today, and just when I was feeling quite forlorn, there was a little knock at the door. Ronnie had run back up from Jesse's car before the girls all left for ice cream to bring me a package. A box. For me. From my Secret Pal!!!!!!!!!!!

DH had gone out with Neighbor for some non-chick time, the girls had gone to the store for ice cream to make shakes, and Boy was in his room, chatting with his Norwegian pals. I was all alone. I opened my package and just looked at the mysterious, tissue wrapped items. I savored the suspense for a moment, then I opened the lovely, artistic card.

Secret Pal wrote me a thoughtful little note, and then wrapped individually some Dagoba dark chocolate, lovely size two wooden double pointeds, a skein of beautiful Lana Grossa self-patterning sock yarn and a charming sock book with some beautiful patterns. I've just propped them up on the table and I am looking at them, drinking them in. Thank you so much, Secret Pal!


1 Comments:

At June 18, 2006 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is awesome! I want a secret pal! LOL...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home