Friday, May 19, 2006

Stash!


Well, I've been meaning to post my stash for some time, and not having been able to knit much this week, this is the most knitting content I can come up with. So here goes.

Most of my yarn I keep in these two baskets. They're pretty big - I can't quite get my arms around them. I have a third basket - one of those folding ones for yarn. I fell in love with it because it had Snoopy on it, it was my first yarn holding purchase and I quickly discovered that it was not big enough. Not nearly.



On top of the right had basket is a folded object. It is this beautiful sweater I found at Salvation Army for $1.00 a couple of months ago. I'm certain that it is hand made, it is in perfect shape and appears to be made out of angora. Unfortunately, it is tunic style, and I stopped wearing tunic style sweaters around 1991 or 1992. But, I plan to frog it and reknit it into some thing very nice. I just don't know what, yet. But I will. It will speak to me.


On to what the right hand basket contains: at the back left is some Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in a holly green color. Mmm - so soft! This is the stuff I knit Neighbor's scarf and hat out of. Back right, Debbie Bliss Soho - someday it will become a poncho for me. On the right are a number of skeins of Brown Sheep that the children gave me for Christmas. I have been making mittens out of it - it's my favorite for mittens!
Middle back - Crystal Palace Tweed, next to it on the left - Crystal Palace Sierra. Front left a skein of Crystal Palace Iceland, some Berrocco Plush (good for baby blankets) in the middle and some Dazzle sock yarn I got on Ebay for that day I learn to make socks.
Also in that basket, but I didn't think it would fit into that picture (but Tombo kindly modeled with the yarn) near to twenty skeins of Drops Ice and the beginnings of DH's sweater. Yes, that is the sweater which was to be his birthday present last year. Yes, I am procrastinating getting started on it again. Yes, I am a wee bit intimidated by actually knitting a sweater. Silliness, I know. Tombo feels that the shade of the yarn nicely offsets his silky greyness. And he likes checking out the yarn, but he's a good cat - he never goes after either the yarn or knitted objects.
Next would be the left hand basket. Most of the left hand side is composed of a variety of (eek!) Lion Brand - Homespun, WoolEase. Stuff I knitted with when I first picked knitting back up. Made some swell shawls for my daughters out of it - and Tombo really likes those shawls. Lion Brand was the best one could find out here before a new yarn store opened up (because all we had was Walmart and JoAnne's) and then I discovered wool! and cotton! and cashmere! and linen! Middle back would be my baby cotton that I make dishcloths/washcloths out of. Back right is all that turkish wool -around eight skeins of it that I bought to make DH a sweater back in 1993. It's a long story - one I am sure you don't want to hear. Lets see - what else? Well, a hodge-podge of odds and ends of Crystal Palace Iceland and Labrador, Brown Sheep, Debbie Bliss Cashmerino, Lana Grossa (both wool and linen-cotton blend), some more Berrocco Plush, some unkown wool I bought in 1986 when I did not know that you needed more than one skein of yarn to make a scarf for a husband, no matter what size needle you used, some Fumo, some Eyelash, some lovely Egyptian cotton for Project Grace squares (the brown sheep I just remembered is downstairs) and some Colinette I am making a shawl for me out of. And I think that's about it.

1 Comments:

At May 28, 2006 3:22 PM, Blogger Pennie said...

now thats some yarn :) cute blogg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home