Monday, June 05, 2006

06.05.2006

I've gotten as far as I can get on Jessegirl's capelet . . . now I wait while the Yarn Goddess does a skein search. No more knitting on it until I can come up with more Iceland, although, if I had finished it this week, Jesse could have worn it. With the near constant rain, temperatures have dropped. I am looking longingly at the thermostat, thinking of heat, but the thought of paying yet more to the fuel company keeps me from turning it on. Still, I dream of wood fires and a warm house (or, more daring, yet so seasonally appropriate - sun and warmth), while I burrow under polarfleece and snuggle with the cats, or occasionally, a child.

1 Comments:

At June 18, 2006 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, I feel your pain as far as the weather is concerned. I would gladly trade ya places, in a heart beat. When its cold you can build a fire and warm up, when its hot, your up the creek without a paddle. It has been over 110 degrees here all week, add to it wind which makes blowing dust, everywhere. Its just miserable, there is no escaping it. Everything we do for fun, has to be confined to the indoors. We dont last for more than 30 minutes outside, unless there is water involved, which there isnt a whole lot of that around here. (sigh)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home