Friday, June 02, 2006

6.2.2006

I have picked up Jessegirl's capelet and am working on it again, although, with the sudden jump from New England spring into summer from Monday through Thursday, it has not been quite so pleasant knitting with Iceland. I have found myself sweating just holding the wool this week. Not to worry, though, as this is New England (and my seasonal affective husband's birthday today), the barometer dropped along today with the thermometer and rain has moved in for the next three days. Yippee. NOT.
And, of course, finishing this project is complicated by the fact that it not only appears that I do not have enough blasted yarn to finish it, but also that there is no more of that color at my LYS. The Yarn Goddess has offered to do a skein search for me as the manufacturer of the yarn only allows minimum orders of $100.00. Yes, I did gauge swatch - but for the original pattern, which turned out to be designed for either an eight-year-old girl or a heroin junkie, because those are the only bodies which could squeeze into the excessively narrow capelet. But, we don't have to go there again.
I am also eyeing DH's sweater, lying forlornly on the top of the stash basket. And then I had a brilliant idea today while avoiding looking at the beginnings of his sweater. I could knit Little Miss Julia those guantlets she wanted. Yes, that's a good idea!
I don't know why I am so desperate to avoid knitting that sweater. It is supposed to be a very simple pattern - ideal for first-time sweater knitters. And it looks quite nice, the sweater on the model. I don't know - I guess there's just so much psychology tied up in knitting your man something bigger than a hat. Or a headband. Or a scarf.

3 Comments:

At June 10, 2006 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain with the heat. Its hotter than hell here in the Southwest, and I mean HOTTER THAN HELL. It was 110 here today. ANd we have had a tiny bit of humidity because we've had some rain. I am already waiting anxiously for winter. Ugh!

 
At June 11, 2006 9:26 PM, Blogger shadowlands said...

Heather, if only you could hear my hubbie, . "Why don't we move to Arizona? I want to go live in the desert." It warmed up to 56 degrees yesterday (brr) and we had a heat wave of 62 degrees today. i almost broke out in a sweat, wearing my tshirt, jeans, wool socks and sweater. I know, bitch, bitch, bitch.

 
At June 18, 2006 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha.. I think you would LOVE it here in the winter. I dont know about summers here. They are pretty brutal,but if its extreme heat you want, then AZ would be the perfect spot! You will have to email me about some good places to relocate to back east. My husband and I are both in the medical field and want to be by major hospitals. Any good ideas?? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home