Wednesday, June 21, 2006

06.21.2006



My first baby, darling Jesse girl turns 20 today.

Here she is, eleven years ago

















And here she is, now


She is strong-willed, self-confident and assured. She works hard and has a way with horses (and most other animals). She is very good at selling, at networking and at writing, although she hates to write. She's imaginative, compassionate and very focussed. She sometimes treats her siblings like wayward horses, but she is mostly kind to them. She continues to be primarily self-taught, choosing to learn on her own, in her own way, rather than in groups and by rote. If she wants something, she figures out how to get it, the right way. She is moral, ethical and tries her best to live by the Golden Rule. She still cuddles up to me, gives me great hugs and sweet kisses on my cheek. Sometimes, after a long day at work, she'll just lean into me, like she did when she was little. She still talks to me, 'tho' less now than she used to.

Before I became pregnant with her, I dreamed of a baby like her, but I never dared hope I would have one. The first time I held her in my arms I was overwhelmed with such an intense and fierce love - I did not know it was possible to love anyone that way or that strongly. I have loved raising her, teaching her, living with her, watching her grow and learn. I am so proud of her and I love her so much. I wish and hope for the best for her, for her to find and nurture a good love, to be happy, to give back to this world, to grow and learn all of her days and to spread joy and peace in her path.

Happy Birthday, Jessebear!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home