Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Confessions

I habitually check dooce.com and quintessentialmom.wordpress.com/ for updates.
I ate one-sixth of a pint of Ben and Jerry's Dublin Mudslide today.
I drink way too much tea.
I love Mad Russians way too much.
I wake up my kids in the morning by kissing their foreheads and noses gently.
I fall into paroxysms of joy when I smell blooming things as I drive down the highway.
I actually enjoy doing laundry - but hate putting it away.
I suck at cleaning toilets and floorboards.
I often work at home and prefer it so much more than working in the office.
I want fervently to find a job that I love and am good at - so I never have to work in the legal field again. Ever.
I have a twisted sense of humor.
I spend more time reading, thinking or writing about things I want to do than actually doing them.
I fall asleep every time I try to meditate and often when I pray.
I am consumed by deep, heartfelt joy when I hug my children and bury my nose in their hair and squish them.
I write a lot. I draw a lot. My brain is often in some other world. If you see me in public, and I don't say 'hi', it is because I am somewhere else, not because I am blowing you off.
My children are the greatest blessing and gift ever in my life.
I love the feel of the sun on my skin.

3 Comments:

At August 24, 2006 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got goosebumps after reading this. You rock woman! So many things you said, I feel the same way. And OMG, the laundry! I am wonderful at washing and folding it, however dont ask me to put the shit away, mmkay.

And I feel so honored, you put my name in the same sentence as dooce! Oh my gawd, hot flashes, hot flashes. LOL.. I wish I had more updates than I have had, but I have some things in the works, one big project this weekend.

 
At August 24, 2006 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read it again, and amen to all of it, all of it. Can I use your brain for thinking this week? LOL...

 
At August 31, 2006 10:59 PM, Blogger D said...

Hey u...today is the big reveal for Secret pal...u should have received your last gift today..if not...maybe tomorrow...stop on by my blog....http://supasolsista.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home