Thursday, July 13, 2006

07.13.2006

The other day when we were out riding, I turned my head to look at something and my glasses came flying off. I should have been wearing my bike glasses, but for some reason, I like to see, so I was bad and was wearing my prescription glasses. We pulled off the country highway, and were trying to spot them before we ventured out into the road. I kept hearing cars hit them as they blew past, and I was fairly certain that I would not have glasse left by the time we found them, thereby being doomed to blurriness for a time. I counted five cars running over them before we could sight them and get out into the road to pick them up. Would you believe it - the lenses were only a little scratched, and the tops of the lenses had a tiny little divot on each one where they had been ground down into the road, but otherwise they were fine. I was pretty pissed at the high cost of the glasses when I bought them eight years ago, but I have to admit that I am impressed with the glory of high impact plastic lenses and titanium frames.

So, the end result is that I was talked into going to get my contacts again - so I can wear my bike glasses and see at the same time. Oooh - what a luxury. I've had the same prescription for the last fifteen years, so I was a little worried that my eyesight was worse because, sometimes, after wearing my glasses all day, they'll bother me. But, my eyes are actually better - go figure! So, I am happily wearing contacts again for the first time in two years, and that means I can wear sun glasses. And see. And I don't have to wear fricking glasses. Which I hate. But I'll have to repalce my glasses. When one of our clients pays their bill. Which hopefully will be soon. Because the electric company would like to get paid. And I think the phone company would, too. Oh, and I might want to buy food, too. Just maybe.

2 Comments:

At July 16, 2006 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You after all those cars running over them, I expected you to say they were just a mess of wire and pieces of lense! LOL.. Thank God for contacts huh? I am going next Tuesday to get mine also. Just like you said, sunglasses. They are definately a necessity.

Hoping your clients pay their bills for you, because yeah, electric and food, such a necessity! LOL...

 
At July 27, 2006 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stopping in to say hey and see how you are doing! :) I havent seen you in a while, hope all is well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home