Tuesday, August 29, 2006

08.29.2006

On top of everything else, we are suddenly very aware that we have the fair this weekend. The 'World Famous Goshen Fair'. All hell has broken loose here. All three children are freaking out about their entries. What with thirteen hour work days,I do not know if I can finish work in enough time to prepare my entries. Instead of sleeping last night, I knit a pair of mittens. A whole pair of mittens in one night. For the fair. Ok, I got two hours of sleep. the kids and I are figuring out, down to the minute, exactly how much time each of us need to bake our entries for each of the three days. It's getting a little nasty in the kitchen. I have come to the realization that I need a second oven - one just isn't enough.

I'm off to work, to try and keep a (ripping my hair out)closing together. And to keep two divorcing people from imploding. With luck, I'll make the mortgage. And that'll be good, because I don't think our fair entries will keep us very warm. In the van down by the river.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home