Friday, September 15, 2006

09.15.2006

It's Friday! It's Friday!

I got up as usual for work, had my tea, dozed off while drinking it, woke up, stumbled back to bed, slept for four hours, woke up, had some WonTon Soup, tried to work out, dozed off, showered, managed to get dressed, went to the office to wrap things up, came home, dozed off wrapped up in my shawl, made some hot lemon-honey water for Bubba, Boy and I, dozed and read blogs. I hate being sick, and it's raining like hell here and cold, but I have my shawl.

I am gloating a little about the shawl I guess. I always knit for everyone else, so it just feels so decadent to keep something for me. And even though it is acrylic (eek!) I like the colors, it is warm and the cats like it. They really like it - if I have it, I am guaranteed a cat on me. Even Bubba's cat, who only cuddles with her. And there's nothing quite as good as a warm cat when you are all sick and achy. Except maybe a slave to wait on you and rub your feet and your hands, preferably with a nicely scented massage oil - but who is fortunate enough to have such a slave? So, I'll settle for my acrylic shawl and Bubba's purring, warm cat. And the splatter of rain on the roof. If the sun comes out this weekend, I'll get a picture of my finished object to post.

At any rate, I have until tomorrow afternoon to get better, because there's FOOTBALL this weekend and people want chicken pot pie and vegetarian pot pie from scratch and some sort of evil dessert to go with.

2 Comments:

At September 16, 2006 6:04 AM, Blogger Devorah said...

I hope you feel better soon and I am glad that you have such nice home remedies such as General Tso's (my dinner last night, too) and a cozy shawl. Those make being sick much more tolerable.

 
At September 16, 2006 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better and also hope you find the energy for those pot pies. Yum!

My daughter is also sick. She is miserable and I am praying I dont catch it. But I most likely will. Dang it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home