Monday, September 04, 2006

09.04.2006

Third and Final Day of the Fair

It was sunny today! And it could almost be described as warm!

Poundcake took 2nd. And sold.

Children mostly were in the dairy barn. Went on rides, ate fair food, had dairy barn milkshakes. Got to bathe calves.

The fair closed at 6PM. Much sadness.

I had two very large, rather strong mad russians. And knit washcloths/dishcloths like mad. For some reason, I have only wanted to knit dishcloths. I've finished and given away five in the last three days. I don't know what is wrong with me. I think I am having a knitting breakdown.

It is time now to think about the remaining fairs. And what entries we will submit.

Oh, and I don't want to go back to work tomorrow. No, really. I really, really don't. I think I would rather have a heroin habit.

3 Comments:

At September 09, 2006 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHA! you crack me up! Ditto on the returning to work thing. I think I would rather have a crack habit then go back to work on Monday. But unfortunately, I too must pay the ^%$#@! mortgage.

I am starting to knit a few things. The ONLY thing I know how to knit are hats and scarfs. Totally a beginning knitter here. Now that our weather is "cooling" down, only 98 during the day and 78 in the morning (lmao) I feel like knitting. Really hoping we get a cold(er) winter this year. (sigh)

I have never had a mad russian. Hmmm, maybe I will try one. Also a virgin drinker here. ;)

 
At September 10, 2006 4:26 PM, Blogger shadowlands said...

Thanks! Keep up with the knitting! If we lived closer, I would gladly teach you how to knit mittens - although you don't have much use for them in AZ, do you? They're fun to knit, though.

I wish it was 98 here during the day - it got up to 73 today. Last heat hurrah before the frigid Canadian air mass moves in for the next six months. I am wearing a tank shirt in protest of the impending cold.

Mmm - mad russians. Yummy, creamy goodness. 1oz. vodka (a good one like Ketel One), 1 oz. Kahlua, 1 oz. Bailey's, 5-6 oz. milk (if you are using lowfat or nonfat milk, replace 2-3 oz. of the milk with half and half, otherwise it just won't taste good). Shake well with a couple of ice cubes, strain and enjoy.
I love virgin pina coladas . . .

 
At September 10, 2006 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my.. Those sound delish! Thanks for the recipe, will definately be making them in the morning. Kidding! Next weekend. Although they would be helpful in the mornings eh? Esp. Mondays!

You are protesting mother nature and I am fantasizing about cold and knitting mittens that no, I probably would never really need unless I went up north to Flagstaff where its actually REALLY cold. LOL.. Keep your fingers crossed for me, because in the next few years I just may be in the same region as you are! Oh, we are so getting together to knit if I am! And drink Mad Russians together. HAHAHA! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home