Friday, September 08, 2006

09.07.2006

Long day at work - managed to get out while the sun was still shining before ripping my hair out. Or filing for divorce.

Went for a long ride with DH, wandering through the hills and vales, past sunlit fields of blooming wildflowers, ponds rippling with jumping fish and leaping frogs. We were going slow, so we enjoyed the scents of blooming things, the warm wet scent of streams through woodlands, the moist sharp smell of decaying leaves. At times, butterflies dipped and fluttered alongside, a flock of geese flew along either side of us and several hawks and then ravens kept pace with us. We could hear the late summer symphony of treefrogs, bull frogs, cicadas, crickets and songbirds. Stopped for a soda at the little country store, reveling in the feel of sunshine on my back. Headed home to take Bubba to ketsuka, quiet, restful night.

Dragonfly resting and lichen



2 Comments:

At September 11, 2006 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your writing. And I also love the wonderful country you are so lucky to live in. Im jealous. ;) Glad to know you still have hair and are still married though. I feel ya, some days just seem UNBEARABLE!

I dont know if its me halucinating from smoking my crack pipe(kidding, LOL!) but when I look at the bottom picture of that bug, I see a picture of a face of a man with a go-tee on the bugs back. LOL.. Awesome pic though! )

 
At September 11, 2006 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, I meant to say THE AREA OF OUR COUNTRY that you are so lucky to live in. We live in the same country, duh! Blonde moment..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home