Thursday, September 14, 2006

09.14.2006

I had a mad jones for General Tso's Chicken and Egg Drop Soup when I left work last night. I should have listened to it - I should have known. Apparently, Boy's off-and-on sore throat, snuffliness and general bitchiness the last several days was not allergies after all. It was a lovely virus he has shared. With me. I woke up feeling like my head had swollen and been pumped full of cheese and like I had been screaming in my sleep all night and rolled down several flights of stairs. I might have been screaming all night - I was dreaming of financial records and client files and court dates and memos and briefs all night. Not restful sleeping (insert violin music here). I worked out this morning, cursing the bike and the weight machine the whole time and then went off to work. Because as much as I wanted to stay in bed all day long, I'd rather be forced to think about anything but feeling like shit. Anyways, I did the really hard stuff yesterday. Got my General Tso's chicken, though - it's really the thing for when you're sick. And curled up in my newly finished shawl. Mmm, toasty warm, full stomach . . . recipe for sick nap. Bubba made me a lovely cup of tea later while we watched Project Runway together, and then she snuggled with me. And so did Boy. They were really very sweet to me. Even Jessebear - she did not bitch too much about picking up the two from ketsuka class.

Funny moment, though. Jessebear used a rather bitchy tone to me - and Lillicat (who was perched up on the couch arm by my head) reached out and swatted Jessebear's butt - getting her claws stuck in the process - but not breaking the skin. Jessebear didn't think it was so funny, and I did properly chastise the cat - but maybe she should watch her tone?????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home