Tuesday, July 11, 2006

07.11.2006

Another muggy day - hazy and partly cloudy. Cranking out work - just one of those days where I'm working on five files at once,trying to keep things together and the phone is ringing constantly . It never ceases to amaze me how self-destructive people can be - whether intentionally or unintentionally. I don't think they are just plain stupid - though sometimes I wonder . . .

Things at home get pretty challenging at times - Bubba's friend is off at boarding school for summer session and Bubba is so worried about her that she isn't sleeping very well and is having a hard time eating. She will never admit it to her friend because she feels her friend has already too much to deal with - and she would be so furious if she knew I was writing about it. Bubba hasn't quite got to the point where she truly believes deep inside herself that she can't save anyone but herself - but, hey - it only took me 40 years to learn that lesson! So, at sixteen, she's doing ok, I guess. I hate seeing her in pain, I hate that she's all bolluxed up, I'm very sad for her friend and I have bad thoughts, like "just how much stress can a person take?". And, on the selfish side, I have to admit, I'm a little sick of getting the whiplash from her misery.

And the soap opera does go on . . . Jessegirl is quite unhappy with boyfriend - quite hurt - he is so in the doghouse and is either clueless or just doesn't care. Sometimes, you just have to wonder about the male species.

So, I'm going to go home, look at my knitting, think about eating an entire pint of Ben and Jerry's, but ride the damned bike instead and do a hundred crunches, and then I'm going to have a good cry in the shower where no one can hear me. So there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home