Sunday, July 09, 2006

07.09.2006

Began the day with pancakes - very quickly made on my spiffy new griddle. That means Boy got to have pancakes before he had to be at work in the orchard this morning. And Jessegirl was quite happy - she usually misses out on weekend breakfasts because she has to be at work at 7 AM. The rest of the day was a quiet day - lying in the sun with my two girls, eating cherries with my Bubba girl, watching Jessegirl sleep, sweetfaced, curled up like a baby.

Bubba asked DH to take her for a ride, Jessegirl and I picked Boy up at the orchard and then ran errands in town.

We came back around sunset, had guacamole, salsa and chips for dinner (mmm - heaven), and then curled up together, all of us, on the couch for a cuddle and to watch and critique Scarface. The kids peeled off, one at a time, Boy back to the computer, Bubba to her book and cat and then Jessegirl, to sleep more so she could make it through work tomorrow. I knit a little more of the shawl, and now, I am going to sleep. Feeling most of the way better - I am hoping I baked the hell out of this damned chest and head sludge.

1 Comments:

At July 10, 2006 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful! :) There is nothing as wonderful as quality family time is there?

I have been craving blueberry pancakes for sooo long. I think I might make some this weekend!

Glad your feeling better too..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home