Tuesday, May 02, 2006

SP8 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Hmm, natural fibers like wool, silk, soft cotton. I've been knitting a lot lately with Debbie Bliss, Lana Grossa, Koigu, Brown Sheep, Crystal Palace. I really don't like very rough wool and most synthetic fibers - especially acrylic.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A big cracked mug. I've loved it for years because it has a dashing medieval knight on a horse, but I can't use it anymore because the crack, though not readily visible, makes it leak something awful. My circulars and double-pointeds I keep all together on a shelf with my knitting books, where my daughter's cat has ready access, to bring her a 'gift' every now and then.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Off and on for 20 years. I guess I am just past beginner and into intermediate (?). I can follow patterns pretty well, knit hats, mittens, blankets, scarves, ponchos, shawls and capelets. I am working on a sweater. You tell me - what does that make me?
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have an Amazon wishlist - I don't know of any others :P
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Freesia, carnation, rose, lily-of-the-valley, sandalwood
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Sadly, yes. I love Green & Black's chocolate, Dagoba Chai chocolate and Reed's Ginger Chews. And oh, my - have you ever had a Godiva truffle? I just discovered them!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I draw, I watercolor, I cook and bake and I like gardening when I can. I also (when I have time) like to refinish furniture and make jewelry. I used to embroider and cross stitch and plan to pick it up again - just not now! I wish I did spin - I plan to learn.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I have very eclectic tastes - classical, old blues and jazz, 'classic' rock, new wave, alternative, country (more of the old stuff than the new) and so much more. Some of my favorites are Johnny Cash, Pearl Jam, Beethoven, Samuel Barber, Billy Holiday, Bob Marley. Yes, we play MP3s all the time.
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love blues and purples, but I wear dark greens and browns and quite a bit of black because that is what looks best on me.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married going on 21 years (!), three children, all at home. We have two cats, one dog, and lots of fish.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, yes (mostly berets), yes(like mittens better than gloves!) yes.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Oooh - that's hard! I go through cycles, sometimes it's shawls, sometimes mittens, sometimes hats, sometimes scarves. I imagine once I learn how to knit socks - that'll be my next favorite.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Blanket squares for Project Grace, a capelet, a sweater, and a shawl.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I guess it depends on the project, but maybe straight - I certainly have more of those that circular. I do prefer bamboo/wood over any other type of needle.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift
No, sigh.
17. How did you learn to knit?
I taught myself
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
Well, since I ripped out the sweater I had been trying to knit my husband for thirteen or so years last year, it would have to be the shawl I am making for myself - and that is a year old.
19. What is your favorite holiday?
Hmmm, I don't know, maybe Christmas. Or Halloween. Hmmm.
20. Is there anything that you collect?
Antique miniature tea sets and tea cups, Couroc trays, and small porcelain and wooden boxes.
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Knitting Without Tears, Last Minute Knitted Gifts . . . I do not have any subscriptions to knitting magazines.
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Intarsia, crochet
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
No, not yet. I will be, though, some day! Um, I think they're 9 1/2" long. (Size 8)
24. When is your birthday?
07/06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home