Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday


I don't photograph well. I don't like pictures of my self because for the most part I look heavier, my skin tone is odd, my eyes are squinty - in short - there's very few photos that actually look like me. It's not just me, mind. Almost everyone who knows me and sees a picture taken at the same time they are there agree - the picture doesn't come out the way I look. There's worse things - I could just not show up on film every time a picture is taken, or I could break the lense (!).

I like this picture, though. I'm cuddling with my boy ten years ago. He'll be fifteen tomorrow and there's just no way we could both fit on the couch like this. I love him every bit as much as I did that day - and I think a bit more. I'm proud of him - he is growing from a fine boy into a good man. I think this picture shows who I really am and what truly brings me happiness - being a mom.

1 Comments:

At April 28, 2006 8:26 AM, Blogger Heather@ Simple Panache said...

How sweet! I have many pics like this also. You are such an awesome mom!

I also look different in my pictures. I dont know what it is. Sometimes its dead on me, then other times I am like huh? Who is that?

My oldest boy will be 16 in May, and he is 6 feet, 3inches tall and about 270 pounds on a good day. Hes a HUGE kid and is still growing. I SO MISS those days of snuggling with him. Now I just give him a huge hug.He has to bend down to hug his mom now! Way down! LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home