Thursday, March 30, 2006

3.30.2006

I was halfway through the capelet and it was looking suspiciously small to me. So, I measured the inside top border of the capelet and it is 32". (Do keep in mind that I properly guage swatched before beginning and my gauge was spot on) My daughter is not a big girl (chest 36b) and the measurement where the top of the capelet would be, around the tops of her arms just below her shoulders is 46". Hmm, that is a whopping 14" difference. So, just for $%*#s and giggles, I had her try it on. She couldn't even get it over her shoulders. I'm rather peeved now. Although the picture on the pattern is what appears to be an adult female, she must actually be an eight-year-old girl. Because that is the only person who could fit into this. So I'm ripping the whole derned thing out and am going to try to create my own capelet pattern. And, as I rip out each stitch of this blighted capelet I am going to curse the name of Karabella, for which I paid an undeserved $7 for this useless pattern. If I was a thirteen-year-old boy I would have felt that price well worth it, for as my daughter pointed out the model is clearly topless under the barely covering capelet and one can see her nipples rather clearly - at least the model got to pose in a warm studio for the the photo shoot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home