Saturday, March 18, 2006

3.18.2006

No knitting today.

Last night we went out for St. Paddy's day. I drank way more than normal - about seven White Russians - as far as I can remember. The Village Pub was so jovial and crowded! What a change! And, of course, the night was highlighted by UCONN winning. Good night.

Had to get up too early this morning to go to a foreclosure sale. DH is the Committee for Sale (glorified auctioneer and representative of the Superior Court) and I got to be the Notary Public. Yipee! At least it was sunny - but quite windy and cold.

I made Irish Stew (lamb stew) and Rumpledethump (colcannon). No dessert, though I am jonesing mightily for chocolate.

And then, tonight we had some friends over for wine, cheese, chess and hot tub. Five and a half bottles of wine. For four people. That means I drank over a bottle of wine myself. Why do I not feel like shit? Yet another question for the ages.

Off to bed with me. Tomorrow I'll rework the stew so that it is thicker and has no bones. And I'll knit, bloody knit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home