Thursday, March 16, 2006

03.16.2006

Mother Goose's mittens are done! Whoohoo! I'm so excited, I want to mail them off to England for her! But, instead, I'll wash and block them, then give them to her when she returns at the end of next week.


Oh, and Jesse and I finally made it out to the knitting circle at the LYS. What a nice, peaceful time! Jess started a new scarf for herself in green and beige tones. And the knitting goddess agrees with me - she does knit weirdly.

At any rate, a very nice woman - the new employee - taught me how to rip back, which I am sure, for a more experienced knitter, is no biggie. For me, however, it was a major thing. It took me an hour to rip back the thirty-something rows and I got to restart the blanket at the point where I had done something incomprehensible to create the hole in the first place (being assured that I definitely did not drop a stitch) and then it was time to go. But, (fingers crossed) I should be able to finish it this weekend. And you know what that means . . . Yes, I'll get to start Jesse's capelet and get back to work on DH's sweater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home