Thursday, October 26, 2006

10.26.2006

These things do not define me, they are not the sum of my existence:

fibromyalgia

chronic fatigue syndrome

arthritis

migraines

chronic pain

depression

anxiety


What I AM is a mother, wife, teacher, cook, baker, writer, knitter, dreamer, lover, friend.

I believe in the power of love, I believe faith will guide you, if you let it.

I believe that there is always a silver lining, that one must live each day as if it is our last.

I will not submit to negativity or tyranny.

I will joyously embrace each day as the gift it is and be grateful for every second I get to spend with my family, for every delicate leaf falling down, for the slant of the sunlight through the trees, for the smell of a warm cat, for the feel of my husband's arm around me, for my daughter's foot pressed up against my shin, for my son's bonecrushing morning hugs, for the taste of good chocolate slowly melting in my mouth. Life is far too short to ever be able to fully appreciate and enjoy all the wonder and beauty which surrounds me, but far too long to spend it in bed, moaning and whining.

1 Comments:

At October 27, 2006 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home