Tuesday, September 26, 2006

09.26.2006

Brain too fried to work in law office today. Stayed home, transported Bubba to babysitting, cleaned house, made meatloaf and mashed potatoes for dinner - you know the typical mindless stuff of parenthood and wifedom. Major victory today - getting Boy to thoroughly clean his room. OK, so it wasn't actually me who got him to do it - it was dad, with his deep voice, first thing in the morning. But I wasn't above reminding Boy all day, whenever he slacked, that it was dad who ordered the room done. So I guess I can take credit for managing the situation.
Bubba is preparing for her very first martial arts tournament this Saturday. She's a little nervous and worried about hitting to hard and hurting her opponent. But, her sparring has improved, so it will be an interesting day. Boy won't be competing - he doesn't feel ready.
Oh - finished another dishcloth/washcloth.

3 Comments:

At September 29, 2006 5:16 PM, Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

wow! you are talented with yarn. I am not a crocheter(is that a word?) altho my Grandmother was, she made some masterpieces!

you are the only one who KNEW the broken horse was a Breyer :)

 
At September 29, 2006 9:25 PM, Blogger shadowlands said...

Aw, (blush) thanks! I would so love to be able to crochet. I keep trying to teach myself, but haven't succeeded. I think I'll have to break down and take a class.

Didja know? I had Breyers as a kid. My mom used to get them at Sears for Christmas and birthdays. I was the only kid I knew (other than my sister) who had them. I still have some of them. And my kids really liked them - especially my oldest. She saved and saved and asked for them for Christmases and birthdays. I think we have the same one your son does - a few of that one, actually!

 
At September 30, 2006 11:11 PM, Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

not many people are familiar with Breyers. My mother ordered many for me from Sears, Montgomery Wards too, just like your mom. small world :) I have over 55 of them, about 45 of the large models. Some are collectors editions, the ones I took better care of, many I played with, they are worn from much love. I also have a few newer Breyers, a couple I picked up at Equifest trips or a few my husband bought me as gifts.

Breyers are something that a person hangs onto forever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home