Thursday, April 19, 2007

It's funny how much attitudes and outlooks can change with the advent of sunshine and higher temperatures.

Today the sun broke through for the first time in a week or so (except for the occasional sporadic bursts before the big storm earlier in the week) and the mercury climbed up to 53 degrees. People were smiling and walking around without their coats. Life seemed more hopeful, somehow. Even though nothing new came in today, somehow, life didn't seem so . . . so difficult.
Smiles. How much one's spirits raise when the sun shines and people are smiling. Breathing comes a little easier, the chin lifts a little higher. The barbarians weren't so close to the gates today. It was a good day.
There's a button (way) down on my (almost lost) sidebar (yeah, I'm trying to fix it) for another Heather I'm holding in my prayers. I hope you'll think warm thoughts of her and her family, and perhaps if you feel the desire or are able to, maybe donate a little something for her trip to the Mayo Clinic. Good guys at the Mayo Clinic - my father-in-law would not be alive today if not for them and the guy who got him in and drove the care for him. I think a lot of the doctors at the Mayo Clinic.

1 Comments:

At April 21, 2007 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking of you during the Nor'easter. At times I couldnt stand to look at the pictures. All I could think of was all that water needing to travel somewhere, even if there was a basement to poor into, so be it.

I am SO glad you have some sunshine! :) I do believe the sun has healing powers and after the recent events of weather there, it has been a great source of relief.

We have tons of sun here, and I only wish the dwellers here acted the same way you described. LOL.. I cant wait to get out of Phoenix or mini Los Angeles is what my husband calls it. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home