Saturday, November 19, 2005

11.19.2005

Jesse's second mitten is done! Instead of a poncho she wants a capelet, so I'm trying to create a pattern she'd like - I have a few vague references to go off of! She wants it out of Crystal Palace Iceland, so I've worked up a gauge swatch for it. I'll have to talk to the Knitting Goddess, Cynthia at the yarn shop to see if my idea for a pattern is right . . .

Abby's legwarmer is chugging along. I love the way the colors are blending! So pretty.

Kyle wants three fingered mittens. I'm not sure I can pull that off!!! I told him I would knit him regular mittens, but he still wants the mutant mittens. Boys.

The wife of one of my husband's colleagues is expecting a baby very soon, so I've started knitting the baby a blanket with some incredible *synthetic* yarn I fell in love with last spring. It was so very soft, like cashmere, I had to buy it. I know, buying yarn without a pattern, just because you like it - that hardly ever turns out well. But this yarn - Berroco Plush Colors Baby Mix - is so very very soft - it just makes your hands sing! I only bought two skeins, and I'm sure I'll need much more than that to knit a baby blanket . . . that means another trip to the yarn store.

Preop appointment went well yesterday. Got my second shot. Get ready for the mood swing rollercoaster!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home