Sunday, November 13, 2005

11.13.2005

3 day weekend. How very nice! Finished Jesse's first mitten and got a good start on the second.

I get my second shot at the end of the week. Keeping our fingers crossed that it shrinks the tumor like it's supposed to. We won't know for sure until I go in for surgery.

Abby and I went into the yarn shop to pick her yarn, She decided then and there she wanted striped legg-warmers. Eeek! I told her my skills were not quite at that level, but we could look at a self striping yarn, if she could live with that (read: artistic daughter with definite ideas). We both fell in love with the Noro Kureyon. It's self-striping in a muted sort of way - makes me think of a Monet painting.



For her leg-warmers, I created a pattern, which I hope works . . . I measured the circumference of her ankle and her leg just below her knee, and then the length from the back of her knee to the top of her heel to figure out how long the leg-warmers should be and how many stitches to cast on. I'm going to knit up a gauge swatch first and then calculate how many stitches to cast on. I'm so excited - this is the first time I've done something like this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home