Saturday, May 17, 2008

It's been a bit of a bumpy road the last year or so. I just realized today that I have been saving my posts in draft form instead of just publishing them. Smart. Smooth.

Took a long bike ride up north this morning to meet up with DH's sister and her husband and brother and his wife to take out the brother who lives in a nursing home to lunch for his birthday. An unpleasant chore, but one done for the parents. The things we do for our parents.

The ride up north was lovely. It began at 52 degrees, the trees are greening up and the fruit trees and honeysuckle are blooming, so the air is sweet and scented. The temperature rose as we went further north and lower in elevation.

After lunch, we headed back south to home as a good sized rain front was headed our way by 4. We wanted to be well home by then. the ride back was even better - warmer, the scents of warmed fertile earth, fresh, clean running streams, newly mown lawns and sunwarmed flowering bushes and trees. It had been 72 up north, but back home, although down south, we are at a higher elevation, so it was 65. Beautiful all the same.

2 Comments:

At May 20, 2008 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I need to start saving notes on drafts. Got to get caught back up on my blogging someday. Good to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by.

 
At May 24, 2008 1:05 PM, Blogger shadowlands said...

I'm just pissed that I did it for the last 10 months. Felt a little stupid . . .

I hope that you do get caught up - I enjoy reading what you write!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home